|Job title||Chief Executive Officer|
|Purpose||Overall management of all affairs of the Institution in accordance with the Constitution and as directed by the Council.|
|Responsible to||IEK Council|
|Responsible for||IEK Secretariat|
|Working with||IEK Council and other stakeholders in the industry|
|Post||Full-time – 3-year contract renewable|
|Other||As defined in our standard contract terms|
The Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) is the learned society of the engineering profession and co-operates with national and other international institutions in developing and applying engineering to the benefit of humanity. (See our website http://www.iekenya.org)
Roles & Responsibilities:
Subject to the direction of the Council, the Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for:
Overall management of all affairs of the Institution in accordance with the Constitution and as directed by the Council.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) shall be responsible for:
- Strategic Development:
- Execution of the Institution’s strategic plan.
- Continuous professional development (CPD) of members
- Development and implementation of sustainable financial plans.
- Developing and maintaining strategic alliances with other business/professional associations.
- Establishing and maintaining a close relationship with government institutions, regulatory bodies, donor community and other stakeholders.
- Representing the Institution in meetings and another forum as directed by the Council.
- Membership recruitment & mobilization.
- Attending all meetings of the Institution and its committees, take and circulate minutes and maintain records of such meetings.
- Managing administrative activities of the Institution.
- Financial management of Institution’s funds in accordance with the Council Budget.
- Develop and coordinate training programs in liaison with the Council.
- Organizing professional and social events for the Institution.
- Marketing and publicizing of activities of the Institution.
- Any other duties the Council may assign.
- Minimum – Bachelors degree from a Recognized University.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Be a member of a relevant professional body.
- Relevant experience at Management level.
- Desired skills, experience and competencies:
- Good varied interpersonal and communication skills with excellent face to face and telephone communicator.
- Experience of pro-actively generating leads and fundraising.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate and converse effectively with members in order to gain trust and confidence.
- Marketing, public relation, and advocacy skills.
- Have good Information Technology Skills.
- Should be entrepreneurial and result oriented.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility, and accountability.
- Well presented and businesslike
- How to Apply